Chiropractic for infants and children
Why take your child to see a chiropractor?
- Chiropractic care is great at helping improve many conditions that occur from infancy through adolescence.
- Starting children with preventative care early in life will help set them up for a lifetime of health and well-being!
- The care your child receives helps to reduce interference to the nervous system to promote healing and improve function.
- A safe, specific adjustment can help improve function to the body as a whole, which helps promote healing and development.
- The spine houses our spinal cord that sends signals to every organ, tissue and gland in our body. When there is tension around the spine causing interference to those nerves, connections to the rest of the body become muddled. This is what we call a subluxation. These subluxations will manifest as a variety of symptoms in children, from insomnia to colic.
- Many of the issues infants and children present with are symptomatic conditions of neural interference (SUBLUXATIONS).
- Some conditions that can benefit from chiropractic care include:
- Ear Infections
- Difficulty sleeping
- And Much More!!!
It is NEVER TOO EARLY to receive an adjustment! There are no age minimums (or maximums) for Chiropractic care.
Our doctors all have specialized training for pediatric and prenatal patients with the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA).
Chiropractic during the
prenatal and postnatal period
How can Chiropractic help during pregnancy?
In addition to regular prenatal visits to an OBGYN and optimal nutrition, chiropractic care is a great way to experience a healthy pregnancy. Chiropractic is a gentle, safe, and effective form of prenatal care that can provide a mother relief of pregnancy-related pains and stress. It can also assist with recovery during the postnatal period.
Throughout pregnancy, the body goes through a tremendous amount of physiological changes. Demands on the lower back increase due to a growing abdomen, increase in the curvature of the lower back, as well as pelvic and ligamentous changes. Regular chiropractic care throughout pregnancy can help to the body to adapt to these changes as well as treat common musculoskeletal conditions that occur during this period.
The American Pregnancy Association lists a few of the benefits of chiropractic care including:
- Maintaining a healthier pregnancy
- Controlling symptoms of nausea
- Reducing the time of labor and delivery
- Relieving back, neck or joint pain
- Preventing a potential cesarean delivery